We are a small grass roots and registered charity working to provide basic material needs for primary schools and students in Ethiopia.
Most students start school with one single pencil which they can not afford to replace….
PPC fundraises to be able to provide these students with not just more pencils but fully equipped pencil cases for each student for the school year ahead plus uniforms – basic items for students in the western world but luxuries for students in Ethiopia…
PPC also assesses needs and fundraises to provide schools with other vital resources including books and shelves for often virtually empty libraries, blackboards and desks and chairs for classrooms (to replace wooden stumps used for seating)….
We have a number of valuable but simple fundraising initiatives to suggest that your class or school could do for Project Pencil Case:
HELP CREATE A LIBRARY
Help provide a school with a start up library of fiction and reference books including shelving.
- SUGGESTION: Your school could create a used book stand/stall to be able to provide a school with these items – every student could be asked to bring in one gently used book they have read to help raise funds to start a school library in Ethiopia.
HELP CLOTHE A STUDENT WITH A UNIFORM
- SUGGESTION: Your school could have a used clothing stand/stall – every student could bring in one outgrown or gently used clothing item to raise funds to provide students with uniforms.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT WITH A PENCIL CASE
- PPC also sells colourful and practical Fair Trade pencil cases made in Ethiopia – it costs PPC around £10/$15 to provide a child in Ethiopia with one of these cases filled with all the essentials and contribute to the livelihood of the local women who make these pencil cases to support their families
THEMED NON-UNIFORM DAY
Students and teachers could wear clothes with the colours green, yellow and/or red (the Ethiopian flag colours) to show their support and bring in money to raise funds for the projects above.
These are all easy-to-run and simple fundraising suggestions to help PPC. They also help to create and stimulate global awareness about other student’s lives and needs.
Schools that help PPC will know directly how and who they are helping in Ethiopia – full reports will be provided
A little fundraising here goes a long way towards helping enhance the lives and schools of Ethiopian students…
There are numerous ways you can support the work of Project Pencil Case and make an immediate difference and improvement to the life of an Ethiopian school child.
From pencil cases to furnishing a classroom or school library! PPC sources all items locally to help support the local economy and to avoid costly shipping charges which is money better spent locally. PPC is based in Addis Ababa and works with both urban and rural students and schools. Funds raised from suggestions above can go towards:
- Pencil Cases £10 each – locally made and filled
- Backpack for Student: £10
- Blackboard: £15
- Uniform for Student: £25
- Starter Library (Amharic and English) of books in English and Amharic – selection of academic and fiction books: £15 per 100 books
- Exercise Books for School Year for Student (12): £50
- Desk and seating for 3-4 students: £50
You may donate from anywhere in the world conveniently and securely via PayPal!